Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bacalhau Ao Forno Com Batatas

Bacalhau Ao Forno Com Batatas




Ingredients: 
1lb of Bacalhau/dried cod
1/2 cup of good olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
2 plum tomatoes
1 whole onion
1 large baking dish
4 cloves of minced garlic
4 medium potatoes sliced thin
3 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika 
s + p

Start off by boiling the bacalhau for 30 minutes. Remove from water and drain. When cooled remove all bones. Bones are fairly large and easy to remove. 
Next layer the bottom of the baking dish with half of your sliced onions. Followed by a layer of all the potatoes. Remember to salt and pepper each layer. Then layer your tomatoes.
Top the tomatoes with the boneless bacalhau and minced garlic. You can break apart the bacalhau into small pieces or keep in large chunks. Over the bacalhau layer the rest of your onions. Pour 3 tablespoons of water.  Sprinkle paprika all over. Finally chopped parsley and olive oil to coat. 

Bake at 375 degrees 
for 25 minutes covered and the last 5 minutes uncovered. 








7 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I was salivating when I saw the picture yesterday! Just like momma used to make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you happen to have a facebook page for the blog? If not, make one! I want to share this with our readers :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much!! I love yours! I haven't yet created a FB page... I will as soon as I have a little more meat on there! I just updated the About Us section which kinda defines what's it's all about. Which is pretty much anything we want haha!

      Delete
    3. Well we shared the link to your blog on our facebook site today, so hope your traffic goes up! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love this! My mother used to make it and one time I ate so much of it I got sick. Took me awhile to want to eat it again but I got back on track and now make sure I don't make a glutton of myself. :)

    ReplyDelete